What is Webmail?
There are several ways you can check your email. For example, you can setup a desktop email client such as Microsoft Outlook, Mac Mail or web-based clients such as Gmail to check your email. You can also check your email from your phone, such as an iPhone or an Android phone.
Like the previous examples, webmail is another tool you can use to send and receive email. Webmail is different because you can access it using a web browser. It doesn’t require you to setup the software. You can simply log into webmail and begin to use it.
Steps for logging into webmail
The steps below will show you how to login to webmail. In this example, we are assuming the email address you want to check is email@example.com
- Visit (www.example.com/webmail) Be sure to replace example.com with your actual domain name.
- Enter your username and password, and then click OK.
- User Name: Enter your full email address, all lower case
Password: Enter your email address’ password
- You should now be logged in! Click on one of the three webmail clients and get started using your email!Choose RoundCube – It is easy to use
Troubleshooting Webmail Problems:
I‘m am not prompted for a username / password
If you are not asked to enter a username and password when visiting example.com/webmail, please instead try going to webmail.example.com.
This issue is usually caused by a firewall within your network blocking the webmail ports of 2095 and 2096. Using webmail.example.com allows you to access webmail over port 80, the normal port used for web traffic.
fter logging into webmail, you’ll be presented with three options: Horde, Roundcube, and SquirrelMail. These three options are different webmail clients that can be used for sending and reading email. All of them show you your email, however each of them has their own look & feel as well as their own unique features. We recommend you choose “RoundCube”
In addition to webmail, there are a few other email features that can be used on our servers. You may be interested in learning more about:
- Email Forwarding – automatically forward emails to another email address
- Auto Responders – going on vacation? setup an auto respond to notify others when they email you that you are out of the office
- Spam Assassin – if you’re having a problem with spam, start by setting up and configuring Spam Assassin